Monday, January 10, 2011

Have you ever had that feeling in you life where something happens & it can either go downhill or it can completely make you a much better & stronger person? Well, 2010 was my epic wake up call. Whenever something in my life happens, I turn to music & soul search for that perfect song to fit my mood... my song for this blog... Steer by Missy Higgins.

I'm a strong believer that you can control your destiny (or at least control your life.) This song & numerous other events in my life has allowed me to start of fresh this year with a new slate. I know some people feel like they maybe stuck in a rut, or stuck in the same routine, because I certainly do get that feeling once in a while (my schedule mostly consists of classes, work, classes, work... I never seem to get time to myself & when I do, I'm taking care of other peoples stuff & not my own). So, if you are in the same position as me, here's a bit of advice... or what I'm at least trying.

Steer your own life, even if you still live with the parentals. I know, their house, their rules, but someone or anyone won't treat you as an adult until you stick up for yourself & be assertive. Remember, any promises you make, do them because "actions speak louder than words."

Speaking of actions, if you want something, or have something to say, say it. If you say you're going to try & be better at something, do it, because it's not going to magically appear at your front door. Whenever I find myself in a conflict, I always fully think out the situation: plan out the good/bad & when seeking advice, seek it as a 3rd opinion, never as your only option; your inner instinct is usually the right one.

Happy Monday loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment