Sunday, July 12, 2009

Post #1

AAhh yes, the blogs are back! SO much has change with my life & things are only about to get more interesting. So enjoy!!

-Kristin Lynn
_______________________________________
Can We Still Be Friends?

(SO I would typically write this for those who just graduated hs, but I think this can apply to many people)
It's been a year since I've left this thing called "high school" & I've been facing reality- big world, crazy people & insane economy (& our gen is expected to fix it.) As insane as this world may tend to be, we seem to cling to our social world & hope day by day we never lose our inner circle.

We promise that we'll be "bff's forever" yet some tend to deteriorate life after high school.
Isn't that why we have that one saying, "Don't keep promises you can't keep."

I'm generally very optimistic, yet I'm a bit of a realist. You truly can't say you'll be "bff's forever" until you've truly been tested- think of it as a marriage, it takes effort; those who are true will stick around when you: are insanely crazy, idiotic or lets say vomiting in the public toilet (thank god that hasn't been me)

We change our inner circle like clothes, yet people fail to realize it. The people you thought in high school would never hang out with... you do... the people you talked behind their backs, all of a sudden is your new bff. We are shape shifters in some aspect; rather than socializing the most idiotic subjects you tend to crave more of an intelligent convo (hmm do I sense a bit of maturity!)

Last Spring semester I was somewhat enlightened by a college friend of mine.
"As we get older, we tend to surround ourselves with people who have the same ambitions, don't you think? And those who aren't part of that world either hide behind closed doors, or not part of our life."
I thought to myself, this is true & I began to analyze the people in my life... but of course we don't wish to lose our close friends.... it just happens... and when we do reencounter them, what do we talk about?

I've had my share of "tests" but I can honestly say, there's one bff that will always be around...

1 comment: