Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Visit From The Past- The Ex Factor

SO, these past couple of days, I've dealt with one thing most people try to avoid- the ex's. But you see, my "love life" isn't your typical love life, therefore I feel sorta allowed to revisit old flings. 

Question is, can we move on?

I think a lot of people ask themselves this, & it's a simple question. I've assumed I've moved on, but technically when you move on, don't NEWER love interests start to unveil? Where's mine? Sure there's prospects, the good looking men of our world, the crushes, the flings, the one date casual dating, but is that it? Do I really need to be in my mid-late 20s & fit into the cliche movie stereotype to find at least one person that will understand me?

Or maybe the universe knows much more than I do, & can tell people like me aren't stable to have an actual relationship, sad, yes... helpful idk...

The other day, I found myself listening to the songs of my life- Volume II- I then stumbled onto one of those EXBOY songs.

*exboy- where a songs been distinctly dedicated to a certain ONE

btw it was Melt With You- Modern English... & found myself stuffing myself with Bon Bons & laying in my bed (ok, the bon bons are a lie, that pictured moment always seems to happen in those sad romance films where they're either drunk off with wine, or pouring out tears, note i was just listening & thinking, haha) & this guy came up, & as more of the songs of my life that were shared with him came up, I began to miss what was there, or perhaps "it" never left.

Ironically the same song came up, as I was having sushi with an old friend, my other ex bf.

But for those who have dated, you understand. When the breakup happens, no matter who broke up with who, you wonder..... what would've happened if I stayed with that person? what if she/he never left?

I've asked myself that for that certain one, the break up was mutual, but if I was with him, would've it worked? or would've it been the biggest mistake of my life?

Would you move with the person you cared for, but didn't love just yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment