Tuesday, December 7, 2010

When You're Feeling Down: Kickbox, my Nutella hot coca recipe & more!

I don't know about you guys, but when I don't feel so good (which has been lately), or something happened that totally takes you off balance I do several things to recuperate.

Running or Exercise
Now whether it's jogging (personally I run like a cheetah because usually I'm angry or furious with someone, I need to take out a lot of my aggression & you don't want to be kickboxing with me when I do this!) I don't know what it is, but this weight just lifts off of my chest.

All Things Sweet
Now people usually consume a lot of food, especially when they're feeling down (I'm opposite, I don't eat) but depending on the time of the year or the situation I'm in, something sweet always turns my frown upside down. Here's one of my fav recipes (& it's good for the Christmas season too!)

Nutella Hot Chocolate
You'll need...
1 cup of milk/soy/low fat milk (your choice)
2 tablespoons of Nutella
Cinnamon (varied by you're own taste)

Pour 1/3 of the milk into a sauce pan, followed by 2 tablespoons of Nutella.
Turn the stove on medium heat & whisk the Nutella so it dissolves.
Once dissolved, slowly start to pour in the rest of the milk.
It should have this frothy look on top. Add cinnamon & mix.
You're done! Add marshmallows, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon!












Music
Sometimes I wish my life was like a movie where a song would just pop onto any mood. Until we figure how to do that, our iPods would have to suffice. To share, here's a list of songs I've been listening to get through a rough patch in my life right now.

Apologize- OneRepublic
Strip Me- Natasha Bedingfield
My Own Hands To Hold- Sara Haze
Show Me What I'm Looking For- Carolina Liar
Boston- Augustana
Here Comes the Sun- The Beatles

& of course friends who will always be there for you, bubble baths (which I've came to love with my candles!) always helps the soul to heal.

Remember the best part of having our lowest moments in life is to make us wiser, even if someone close to you lets you down (believe me I've had my share) keep you're chin up, because people who bring you down aren't worth your time. Never cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment